The Biggest Trends & Changes in PPC So Far In 2017
In year 2016, the mobile drove nearly six billion dollars increase in search spends as well as surpassed the desktop for the first time. Since mobile is a given and there’s no need to wonder if this the year for it, there are some big launches, news, and trends that people have seen from Google Adwords in 2017 and it stars with machine learning.
- AdWords 2017 roadmap is actually loaded with AI or artificial intelligence after Google Marketing Next, machine learning is maximizing about each innovation in the search marketing. The perfect example is the smart display campaigns announcement of Google. Such campaigns depend on machine learning in automating about each campaign’s facet.
- A big development that comes with machine learning at its head came in the middle of the month of March. Google has declared it was expanding close variants’ meaning in exact match and could ignore the word order soon and ignore or add function words in the same match keywords.
Conversion Attribution and Tracking
- Google can now report and track on the store visits from the YouTube campaigns.
- There’s big news in online to the offline conversion tracking with the in-store sales measurement program in Google. The retailers may upload their loyalty card or some customer email lists into the AdWords.
- Google added maximize conversions as well to its collection of automated bidding strategies. If you are importing offline conversions into the AdWords on a regular basis, you may schedule such imports today.
- 2017’s first half saw the final sun-setting of the AdWords Converted Clicks as well as Google Attribution’s introduction, the largest product release that was announced at Google Marketing Next. The search marketers had access to several attribution data in the Analytics and AdWords, yet the Attribution pulls in many multi-channel conversion data.
- The ads in Bing enabled the ability in excluding lists in targeting the campaigns in the month of February and have started testing the custom and in-market audiences.
- Similar audiences and in-market audiences for Shopping and Search both rolled out in the AdWords in 2017’s first half.
- The audience targeting continued to be a primary theme this year.
- Google Shopping is actually at the heart of the record fine charged against Google in EU for the antitrust violations.
- The ads for shopping are starting to show on Display Network. Google began the pilot known as Retail Shopping on the Display on the home and fashion design retail sites.
- The ads on Bing added search query reports and inventory feeds at the product level. This rolled out later in the campaigns for Merchant Promotions, enabling the merchants to focus on the special offers in the product ads.
Changes in User Interface
- Ads on Bing rolled out the expanded device targeting that provides the advertisers the ability in setting up campaigns for mobiles only.
- Another million advertisers got access on Adwords Next.
November 18, 2017
November 11, 2017